1. Brief guidelines and checklist on visa application process and traveling for attendees from Myanmar.
1. US Visa application process
- a. U.S.Department of State : Bureau of Consular Affairs
- b. VISITORVISAS – BUSINESS AND PLEASURE
- c. Pleasure, Tourism, Medical Treatment –VisitorVisas (B-2) – If the purpose of the planned travel is recreational in nature, including tourism, visiting friends or relatives, rest, or is related to medical treatment, activities of a fraternal, social, or service nature, or participation by amateurs who will receive no remuneration in musical, sports and similar events or contests, then a visitor visa (B-2) would be the appropriate type of visa for the travel. Persons planning to travel to the United States for a different purpose including students, temporary workers, crew members, or journalists, must apply for a different category of visa.
- d. You will find additional information on B-2 requirements on travel.state.gov.
2. Documents of Visa Applicant (ALL to be by notary public certification)
- a. Household member list issued by Township Immigration Office.
- b. National Registration Card.
- c. His/her bank statement(s) of very recent date. Preferably of all banks, locals as well as abroad (if you have).
- d. Property ownership documents: land grants, freehold land ownership, purchase contract of apartment, photograph of house, etc.
- e. Certifying documents of Business ownership or present employment : Form 6/26, employment contracts, etc.
- f. La-Kabar Notary Public Services: 62, Barr Street (Maha Bandoola Pan Chan Street), Lower block. Tel: 01-372491; 09-50-51773
- g. To attach invitation letter of RIT Alumni in California, USA; and, letter of Consular to Saya Dr. Tin Win.
3. On-line visa application should be submitted as soon as your documents are ready. USA Embassy, Yangon, will give an appointment date, which is about one week to four weeks time, for personnel submission of visa application forms.
4. You are not required to buy air ticket during your online visa application process. Only upon getting visa you have to buy the ticket. But flights should be booked as soon as possible.
5. For your ready information – Air Tickets could also be booked at following:
- a. Columbus Travel ….. Address: 586, Strand Road (Corner of Strand Road & 7th Street, Yangon)
Tel : 01 378535, 378549 (ext-110)
- b. Sun Far Air Ticketing ….. Address: No.27/29/31, Ground Floor, 38th Street, Kyauktada Township, Yangon.
Tel: (+95) 01 243 993, 384 680, (+95) 01 380 211, 376 671.
6. Accommodation & Touring at USA:
- a. RIT Alumni in California, USA, has designated ACHIEVER VACATION, INC. for visiting alumni’s needs at USA. Pls browse thru at http://rit-alumni.org/tour-programs/ for accommodation and touring services that ACHIEVER has posted. If you are booking hotel rooms with ACHIEVER, get the address of hotel, from ACHIEVER, where you will be staying.
- b. If you are to stay with friends or relatives at USA, ask their address – you will need it for visa application.
7. Thingazar Travels & Tours
- Room 308, Building 9, Aung-chan-thar Housing Complex, Shwe-Gon-Daing Road, Bahan, Yangon-11201, Myanmar.
Tel: 95-1-556665, 95-1-543977, Fax: 95-1-556665,
E-mail: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org